The Ecole Doctorale STIC (the IT Doctoral School), under the aegis of the COMUEs (Universities) UCA and PSL, delivers the PhDs of Nice Sophia Antipolis in the scientific domain of Information Technologies. The STIC doctoral school covers all the specialties of IT in four different possible "mentions", namely :
- mention Informatique (Computer Science), delivered by UCA,
- mention Automatique, Traitement du Signal et des Images (Automatic, Signal and Image Processing), delivered by UCA,
- mention Electronique (Electronic), delivered by UCA,
- mention Contrôle, Optimisation, Prospective (Control, Optimization, Forward Studies), delivered by PSL and UCA.
Located in the heart of Sophia Antipolis - the bigest technopole in Europe - the IT doctoral school takes support from the local high-level research laboratories (INRIA Méditerranée, CNRS I3S, CNRS LEAT, Mines ParisTech CMA, Polytech'Lab) in strong relationship with the local high-tech firms. It offers an exceptional environment for studies, research and integration into the international and industrial tissue.
- about 250 PhD students with more than two third comming from abroad,
- about 125 qualified supervisors,
- about 65 PhD degrees per year,
- about 5 HDR (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) per year.
In a field where employment is highly favorable, our doctors easily get jobs in France and all over the world.
Secretariat : Régine Saelens